Band of Blades
The Legion is in retreat following a failed battle against the armies of the undead. You are a member of the Legion, your bonds to one another forged in the dark by bone and blood.
Band of Blades is a game that strikes a personal note for me because…I really want to play it. I love the material it’s based on.—ADAM KOEBEL
Welcome to the world of
Scum and Villainy
Scum and Villainy is a Forged in the Dark game about a spaceship crew trying to make ends meet under the iron-fisted rule of the Galactic Hegemony.
Work with the members of your crew to thrive despite powerful criminal syndicates, warring noble families, dangerous aliens, and strange mystics. Explore the ruins of lost civilizations for fun and profit. Can your motley crew hold it together long enough to strike it big and insure your fame across the sector?
Recent Blog Posts
- Finding the ExcitementHow do you find inspiration, when the muse isn’t giving it to you out of the blue? Find the things you’re excited about in a design, and work from there. A short article by Stras featuring two games that didn’t start with the core of a mechanical idea and how to work through that to find inspiration and excitement for them.
- Minimum Viable PlaytestThere’s a strategy we have here at Off Guard Games: Minimum Viable Playtest. Whenever John and I get a game idea, we talk about it for a bit, and see how excited […]
- Fictional Positioning when Forging in the DarkThere are two questions I commonly get about Forged in the Dark games:
- What is the essence of Forged in the Dark? What makes FitD games, FitD games?
- What do you do first when designing a hack?